FAQ & how to
ORDERS PURCHASED FROM WETFLYFISH.COM
- Most WETFLY products sold through wetflyfish.com are shipped USPS unless requested otherwise.
- WETFLY ships to all states in the US, including APO/FPO addresses.
- We ship Monday - Friday, excluding major holidays.
- We ship as efficient as possible and process each morning at 9am shipping that day. As an example, if you order something on Thursday at 2pm it will be processed at 9am on Friday and shipped Friday. In the event you have chosen 2-day FedEx, it will be processed the following morning and ship 2 Day.
- Alaska and Hawaii orders will be shipped Fedex Second Day.
- PO Boxes and APO/FPO addresses will be shipped via USPS.
- For international orders, please contact one of our dealers.
- Never put away or store the rod wet. This can damage finish and components.
- Always rinse the cork and reel seat after use in saltwater. Rub with a soapy sponge, rinse with cold water and dry with a soft towel
- Always store a fly rod in it's appropriate rod tube
- Watch out for car doors and those damn ceiling fans!
- Release drag tension while storing. Store reel in pouch or in original box away from any heat sources.
- To clean the reel, use a clean cloth or tooth brush in warm, soapy water to remove any dirt, grit, or hard to clean surfaces.
- Rinse with cool fresh water.
- Separate spool from frame and dry all reel surfaces thoroughly.
- After the reel surfaces have dried, periodically apply a thin layer of lithium-type grease to bearing and shaft surfaces.
CHANGING THE RETRIEVE DIRECTION ON WETFLY REELS:
ELEMENT SE REEL
NITROGEN1 & NITROGEN2 REELS
- Q: The tip of my tiara rod has dropped into the handle. How do I retrieve it?
A: Unscrew the bottom of your rod handle and carefully let the segments slide outward. The tip segment will eventually slide out. You can then rethread the Lillian through the second segment and then reassemble the rod.
THE BASICS OF TENKARA FISHING - SET UP, TECHNIQUE, ETC.
COMMITTED TO YOUR SUCCESS ON THE RIVER
- Q: What fly line is best for my rod?
A: WETFLY fly lines are designed to perform with all of our rods, however high quality fly line specific to the style of fly fishing you will be doing will work just fine.
SUCCESSFUL TECHNIQUES USING NYMPHS